Thursday, March 8, 2012

Inaugural runner up.

As anticipated, I did not find any terrible drivers yesterday. Not that the roads were teeming with good drivers, but the bad driving that I witnessed was nothing more that I have grown used to. Therefore, today we have only an honorable mention.

Congratulations to the driver of a white Toyota minivan, who entered an intersection having no room for the minivan. The driver then squeezed onto a painted, non-elevated left-hand median and cut in front of a driver several vehicles in front of me. Why, you ask, does this particular driver get the honorable mention, when there were other equally qualified candidates?

The drivers between the minivan and me all turned at the next light. A bit farther along the road, today's honorable mention suddenly slammed on the brakes. However, since BOTH of the lower brake lights were out, and the only warning I received was the solitary light well above me at the top of the minivan, this vehicle was the one most likely to be involved a accident.

I will be on the lookout for a better candidate among today's drivers. I forgot to mention that the "Bad Driver of the Day" may also be on a bicycle, skateboard, or similar transportation; or he or she may be in a wheelchair or on foot. The main precondition is that the persons involved do something stupid which endangers themselves or others.

Now get out there and BE SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment